Detalhes do anúncio
|em Odyssey VC (ver perfil)|
|Data de publicação||22 Agosto, 2019|
Informática / Tecnologia
Odyssey VC uniquely offer Integrated Compliant Cloud and Computerised System Lifecycle Management Services to Life Science companies that operate in highly regulated environments. The Full Stack Developer will have an important role in supporting the Odyssey VC business goals and will be required to exercise initiative, drive and enthusiasm in delivering these solutions.
Odyssey VC are continually developing the Compliant Cloud product and need to evolve the technology as well as the engineering and delivery capability underpinning the solution. As a Full Stack Developer at Odyssey VC, you will work with a broad array of technologies in the Life Sciences space. As an experienced member of an agile developer team you'll be responsible for taking part in the development of Odyssey's internal full stack web applications, integrating with external services and testing and deployment of the applications. Environments will include private and public clouds (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Azure).
Main Responsibilities & Duties
As Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Creating microservices in NodeJS;
- Creating front-end applications with React;
- Participating in DevOps related tasks;
- Being responsible for technology-related decisions;
- Developing, deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving inhouse service products;
- Adhering to Odyssey VC’s standards and utilising the approved tools, best practices and mode of operation;
- Participating in multiple projects with various priority levels and time lines;
- Continuously staying abreast of new developments in supported technologies;
- Participate in designing innovative solutions to improve current procedures;
- Act as service owner and process owner as per the IT Framework;
- Maintain accurate change control as per the Odyssey VC change management process;
- Adhere to all Odyssey VC quality and operational procedures and ensure quality and compliance at all times;
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation for internal procedures and services;
- Demonstrating best practices in all aspects of administration;
- When required by the business, participate in weekly rotating on-call responsibilities, providing 24/7 coverage;
- Coaching and educating other colleagues in Agile Development and best practice;
- Supporting the build-up of the Development team.
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Cloud services and technologies
- Security / cybersecurity threats, security tools and best practices
- Self-starter – able to work on own initiative
- Good English language communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Must be able to provide accurate estimates of technology work and deliver high quality work on schedule.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies.
- Ability to manage and work in a matrix environment
- Strong customer focus ethos with a service mindset
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate in technical and non-technical language
- Solution driven with ability to execute quickly
- Strong problem resolution, judgement and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Passion for innovation, excellence and change
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity
- Accuracy / Attention to detail
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development and project management methodologies
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a related field with 2-5 years’ experience in software development.
- Must have
- Web UI knowledge and best practice skills, with experience in React, possibly other front-end frameworks.
- experience with relational databases and SQL skills.
- Experience with TypeScript, Amazon AWS, Docker and microservices is a plus as well as experience working with high load and high traffic production systems.
- Knowledgeable in using development tools, testing frameworks and techniques (JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, Selenium, XP/TDD).
- Preferable to have experience working in highly regulated environments